If you have over-ripe bananas, there is only one thing to do! And that’s mashing them up to make a banana bread or in this case muffins! So decided to put an all so familiar pairing together which is bananas and Nutella, found a super easy recipe and adapted it slighlty to what I had at home to create these deliciously easy Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed (use more if you want an intense banana flavour)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 30ml oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans/ choc chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line the muffin pan with liners.
- You will need two bowls. In one bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside and move onto the next bowl.
- In the new bowl, whisk together banana, white and brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla essence. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. (Optional – Fold in pecans/ choc chips)
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This batch makes about 8 muffins so double up if you want more:)
If you want to follow along on how to make this then be sure to watch my IG video:)
Until I blog again…